I make money on some of the products I mention on ThinkOutsideTheCubicleNow.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
These Large Insurance Company Hire Remote Employees
If you have a background in property and casualty insurance, or even if you don’t and you’ve ever been interested in it, and you want to work from home with a well-known company, then working with Allstate could be for you.
We all know that finding a job can be difficult. It’s not easy to find the right opportunity for your skillset, and it’s even harder when you’re applying for a remote job. Luckily, Allstate Insurance offers many remote jobs for people who want to work from home! They offer positions in customer service, underwriting, marketing, and information technology.
And, right now, they have openings for two popular positions; Contact Center Associate and Customer Service Representative.
Allstate Insurance is a Fortune 100 company. It is based in Northbrook, Illinois, and has been around since 1922. Sears, Roebuck, and Co originally founded the company, and they offer all sorts of insurance products, including life, home, auto, business, and retirement plans.
A few of Allstate’s subsidiaries include Esurance, Square Trade, National General Insurance, PlumChoice, and Signature Motor Club.
Some of the remote roles they hire for include Fraud Risk Assessor, Commercial Casualty Adjuster, Campus Recruiter, Recruiting Coordinator, and Software Engineer.
However, this post will concentrate on the Contact Center Associate and Customer Service Representative position. Both these positions are entry-level and only require previous customer service experience.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to watch videos, complete surveys, and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to watch videos, shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by watching videos, taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by watching videos, taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Both of these positions are call center positions and are very similar to one another. Some of the duties of these positions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring customer questions and concerns are resolved during the first call.
- Researching and responding to customer inquiries.
- Adhering to all call center guidelines and measurements.
- Maintaining customer and agent confidentiality of information.
- Interpreting and applying concepts that adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Communicating with other departments via telephone and email.
To be considered for these positions you:
- Possess a high school diploma or a GED.
- Must have at least one year of customer service experience.
- Possess outstanding multi-tasking skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have the ability to empathize with customers and have active listening skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize your work.
For both of these roles, you will need to have:
- A quiet, distraction-free work area where no one can see your computer screens or hear your conversations.
- High-speed, hard-wired internet.
- Enough space on your desk for two monitors.
The company will provide all equipment for you to work with.
All training for these positions is paid and is completed remotely from your home.
These positions are full-time. You must be available to work any schedule between the hours of 7:55 AM and 7:00 PM CST, Monday through Friday, and work rotating Saturdays between 7:55 AM and 4:30 PM CST.
Pay and Benefits
The starting pay for both roles is $16 per hour, and some shifts are eligible for shift differentials.
The company offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, a 401K retirement plan, and more.
Want to Apply?
You can go here if you are interested in applying for these positions or want to view other current openings at Allstate.
Looking for More Remote Jobs?
If you’re looking for more remote jobs, be sure to check out the hiring now section to view current job leads.