I make money on some of the products I mention on TOTCN through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
Muck Rack could be a perfect fit if you have previous technical support experience, specifically business-to-business and SaaS, and you’re looking for a remote position.
Muck Rack is currently looking for analytical and curious people to fill Customer Support Specialist positions who will give their customers best-in-class service.
Working as Customer Support Specialist at Muck Rack, you will be focused on ensuring that customers receive superior service. This involves everything from providing email and live support to troubleshooting technical issues and creating how-to guides. You’ll be the first point of contact for many customers, so it will be up to you to help them succeed in using Muck Rack.
In addition, you’ll also work closely with the company’s editorial, customer success, and product teams to help shape the company’s direction.
If you’re passionate about providing exceptional customer service and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, this is your role.
Muck Rack has been in business since 2009. The company is headquartered in New York City. Muck Rack is a content marketing platform that helps brands connect with journalists and influencers. Muck Rack also offers a suite of tools to help journalists find and pitch story ideas, track story coverage and measure the impact of their work.
The company is self-funded, globally distributed, and offers powerful tools to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, and measure their impact.
As an employer, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
About the Remote Customer Support Specialist
Some of the primary duties of the Customer Support Specialist include:
- Respond to inbound communication from customers and answer their questions.
- Provide the customer with help on using the product and further their knowledge of the product.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical errors over the phone and online.
- Escalate complex software errors to the engineering team.
- Follow up with customers to make sure all issues have been resolved.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of the company’s new and existing products and features.
To be considered for the Customer Support Specialist position, you must meet the following:
- Have at least one more year of technical support experience.
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research, troubleshoot, and fix complex issues.
- Must have the ability to quickly adapt to changes.
- Must have a desire to learn and the ability to learn quickly.
- Familiar with GitHub, Hubspot, Salesforce, Slack, and Google Apps.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Previous public relations experience or familiarity is preferred but not mandatory.
The company hires in all states except Arkansas, California, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
There are no technical requirements listed in the job posting. However, the company offers a co-working stipend.
All training is completed remotely from home and is paid for by the company.
There are currently two shifts available.
5:00AM to 2:00PM EST and 1:00PM to 10:00PM EST.
Candidates must be able to work one of these shifts.
Pay and Benefits
The pay for this position within the United States starts at $27 per hour.
The company offers benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, a 401K retirement plan, and more.
Want to Apply?
If you are interested in this position, you can go here to apply and read more about the company.
Looking for More Remote Jobs?
If you’re looking for more remote jobs, be sure to check out the hiring now section to view current job leads.